You should start revising each and every chapter in the syllabus now.
How? Follow these tips:
1. Master basic but important concept
2. Memorize important facts and processes
3. Practise past-year SPM papers
4. Practise all trial papers
5. Useful information and guideline
Master basic but important concepts top
- You must at least know how to write correct chemical/ionic/half equation, do simple calculation and understand basic chemical concept likes Mole Concept.
- Note that there are only a few types of calculations in Chemistry, so please master all the calculations.
- Try to learn them yourselves reading the reference books first. If you really couldn’t understand them, you should seek help from your class teacher.
- Memorize the colours of chemical substances, understand the
salt preparation process…
- It works effectively although some might argue that memorizing
facts is the wrong way of learning.
- However, I strongly recommend you to understand each concept
and fact before you start memorizing them.
- Learning Chemistry becomes more exciting and enjoyable using
Practise past-year SPM papers top
- Past-year SPM questions will repeat from time to time because of the limited scope covered in SPM Chemistry syllabus.
- Practice makes perfect. Try every question and learn from your mistakes
- For essay questions, get the marking schema from your teachers so that you can see how the marks are allocated and which points or keywords deserve full mark, etc.
- You can either exchange SPM trial papers with your friends
from other states or get them online through certain websites.
- Try Maktab Rendah Sains Mara (MRSM) SPM trial papers too!
- Sometimes, one or more exact or similar questions will come out in the actual SPM Chemistry paper.
- After SPM trial examinations, try to get other states’
SPM trial papers and practise them.
- CHECKLIST FOR SCORING GRADE A+ IN CHEMISTRY SPM (Program Intervensi Chemistry 2007)
- List of important command/task words, with examples
(Program Intervensi Chemistry 2007)
The words used in examination questions often indicate what sort of answers
- Common mistakes made by candidates AND Answering Techniques
- CAlCULATION IN CHEMISTRY SPM
There are only a few types of calculations in Chemistry SPM, you can master
all the calculations by doing more practice.